A taste of Anantara Vacation Club at home is our blog feature which celebrates signature recipes incorporating traditional ingredients from the Club’s chefs and mixologists. Recipes ranging from refreshing cocktails to aromatic entrees and tantalising desserts reflect the culture and cuisine of different regions, as well as the wonderful variety of our Anantara Vacation Club properties.
The Sweet Taste of a Pisang Goreng Snack!
Pisang Goreng (banana fritters) are eaten as a snack in the morning and afternoon in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are a wonderfully sweet treat at any time of the day.
- 2 Bananas (125 g of plantain)
- Breadcrumbs (50 g)
- Flour (50 g)
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable oil
- Put the flour in a bowl and lightly whisk the egg on a plate.
- Cut the peeled plantain or bananas in half and then cut lengthways.
- Roll each piece in the flour then dip into the egg wash, before thoroughly coating in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until moderately hot and add the breadcrumbed fruit.
- Fry slowly for about 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and remove with a slotted spoon before draining on paper towels until dry.
- Serve the sweet snack warm either by itself or with a cold scoop of vanilla ice-cream and perhaps a caramel sauce.
Today’s special dish is brought to you by Chef Dadi from Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak.
To view the complete Anantara Vacation Club blog series, and stay informed about tips, reviews and news, please click here.